Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm looking into buying a 2014 KLR with 7800 miles. The label says it was manufactured on 02/14. Does this make the bike pre or post 2014 refresh?
The bike comes with FMF slip on. Should i be worried about it? I read somewhere this needs to be accompanied with a carb modification for richer mixture.
The asking price for this 2014 model with 7800 miles is $3800?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I believe that should be a 2014.5. Check the VIN; 65000 - 68500 = 2014, 74000 - 77500 = 2014.5. The graphics are also a bit different and the seat is probably the easiest thing to spot. As far as the upgrades; the only real change is the added suspension stiffness which is a benefit to most KLR riders......but that assumes you are going to keep the stock suspension; if you plan on upgrades, it doesn't really matter.

A slip on alone doesn't strictly require rejetting though the stock jetting is overly lean. Personally, I'd rejet even if keeping the stock silencer but I wouldn't let it worry me much.....as long as he hasn't removed the airbox snorkle or modded the airbox, the factory jetting is acceptable. The FMF Powercore is too loud for me, the FMF Q4 is better but still too loud; I'd ask if he has the stock silencer to give you as well.

Prices vary from region to region but that sounds OK for around here.

good luck,
Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
In the Pathetic Northwet that would be a buy-it-now price. If it has any extras that you are planning to install, then so much the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts