Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 will probably have 10,000 kilometres on it when I park it for the winter months. Is that too new to check and adjust the valves?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2017 will probably have 10,000 kilometres on it when I park it for the winter months. Is that too new to check and adjust the valves?
I would check the valves on that bike, adjust within the range (I usually go a little to the loose end of the range) and keep good notes on what you have done. You should be good for many, many miles after that.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The early or Gen 1 owners handbooks suggested 1st valve tappet inspection at break-in maintenance of 500-600 miles!
I quit doing it that soon, after finding no factory errors on the first 1/2 dozen or so.

The later or Gen 2 owners handbooks suggest to put it off until 15,000 miles, wow, why, what changed? Nothing changed to the best of my knowledge.

Any time between now & 10,000 miles / 15,000 kilometers I find generally acceptable Terry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts