Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
621 Posts
The Thermobob is not required. You will have opposite camps in the KLR community. Those who feel they must, and those who feel they don't. Since you bought the 'Bob already, that puts you in the camp who feel they must. So don't wait and install now. If you have to ask, the answer is do it now.

· Registered
621 Posts
You don't need the T-Bob or the Doo on the '22. That rhymes. Pretty cool.

But if you want to install them for peace of mind, do it. It's no different that putting good handguards or crash bars on your bike.

From a former KLR outsider looking in, and from many other non-KLR owners, we all wonder why the T-Bob and the Doo create such passionate discussion among KLR owners. I've met a few owners and the first thing they ask me: "Have you installed the T-Bob and the Doo?" And when I say No, they ask why not? Like I was stupid for waiting. :rolleyes: After a while, it gets tiring having to seemingly justify my choices. There's an insinuation that if I don't install these parts, my bike will die.

Let me just say that if my '22 KLR's engine fails because I did not install the Bob and Doo, then screw Kawasaki for making a shit engine! I will sell it for parts and move on to another brand. Great excuse to get a Honda Transalp 750. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
621 Posts
Check back in, in another 40 - 60k miles if you even keep your bike that long.
30k is my absolute limit in keeping these bikes. I'll put that on the bike in about 3 years. I ride too much. My '22 is right at 10k miles in 10 months. So 1k/month.

I find the value takes a nose dive after 25k miles. I don't buy these as investments, but a springboard to the next bike. So value does matter, and time and miles erode that very quickly.

· Registered
621 Posts
I think the problem is that the camps are intrenched. One camp says YES otherwise engine failure. The other camp says NO because there is little evidence to suggest all engines will fail without. Can't we just occupy the middle ground and say: Do the Doo + Bob if you want. If you don't want, it's ok. Just enjoy the bike as is. Let's not be so rigid about our positions.

Personally, I do believe the Bob is worthwhile for more even temps in cold weather. But I'm not going to push anyone to install it. It's up to each owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts