Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heyya VooDoo,
I have all the tools you need for the KLR, and we could do a tech day anytime you want here in Great Falls. I also have a collection of shims for valve adjustments...Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kalispell,
Ready to roll.
Anyone want to plan a ride (adventure) overnight, fishing, camping, exploring, whatever. Im up for just about anything.
Life is to short to just reed about it. Hell I bet there is beer I havent tryed yet.:16a:

Chaos

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi!

i have 2 bikes in big sky and am looking for some route information.

i will be out with a buddy in july and plan to do a 3 day ride looking for back roads and moderate adventure.?

is their anyone out their who can make some route suggestions in the area?

the name's capoman and I primarely live in western Pa.
the capo nord is gone but the name remains.

thanks

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I don't know where y'all are, but you SHOULD be fishing. :)

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
I'm from Alberta wanting to come to NW Montana and looking for some info on some nice back roads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there anyone near Missoula on here anymore?
Yup, I stop by every once in a while and, although I don't like to admit it, I live in Stevensville. You should try to make it to the west fest in Darby this weekend. It's from Friday night till Sunday and costs $60 to attend but theres food and adventure riders from all over the country, including Missoula.
Saturday morning folks will be grouping for rides in the area and that night will be steaks and beer.

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Joe,
Did you make it to West Fest? I wasn't able to go....The $60 steered me away too. Seemed like a lot of $$$ to go.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Joe,
Did you make it to West Fest? I wasn't able to go....The $60 steered me away too. Seemed like a lot of $$$ to go.

Jason
No, unfortunately two days before the rally I sprung a leak in my gas petcock gasket and while I was repairing it I snapped off a screw head. It really sucked considering I pre-payed for the event a couple months ago.

Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Checkin in from Belgrade. There has to bemore riders in the Bozeman area, I see KLRs on the highway all of the time.. Send a PM anytime, always looking for more to ride with!

tj

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
So there have been a couple of posts from folks looking for info on Montana back roads etc. I'm one of them planning a trip for this Sept.

So far no info. That tells me either the roads in Montana suck or they are so wonderful they are being kept a secret. What's the buzz?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So there have been a couple of posts from folks looking for info on Montana back roads etc. I'm one of them planning a trip for this Sept.

So far no info. That tells me either the roads in Montana suck or they are so wonderful they are being kept a secret. What's the buzz?
There's allot more dirt roads than paved in Montana. Go to your local Forest Service office, buy a few maps and start exploring.
One of my favorite rides is the Magruder Corridor that goes from Darby MT to Elk City ID. Over 100 miles of dirt one way.

Joe

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
There's allot more dirt roads than paved in Montana. Go to your local Forest Service office, buy a few maps and start exploring.

Check my location. My local forest office won't have maps of Montana.

I'll check that other route though.

·
Registered
1 Posts

What part of Montana are you going to? I am in Great Falls. I am hoping to pick up a KLR in the next week. I should have plenty of back roads I can tell you about by September.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts