·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks like it was a good ride.

For me, I was tempted to drag the bike out of the garage for a short ride - the afternoon temp hit a whopping 35 degrees or so...

...alas, the headache that had been threatening all morning decided it really did want to make my afternoon miserable, and that put a stop the the short ride plan.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Short ride through Marin today with Snakeboy66.

We skirted the heavy fog.

We did manage to find a little dirt to practice a bit.
http://vimeo.com/61981359

So where did you ride today? Post up your day trips.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Wow Cabrito! That looks like it was a beautiful area to go for a ride in! I'm quite jealous of the rolling hills - not quite jealous enough to want to move back to California, but still jealous!

As for me, I didn't ride to work today because the local weather prognosticators claimed it was going to get windy this afternoon. The wind didn't materialize, which means they cheated me out of a spring day I could have ridden...

Ah well, tomorrow is supposed to be windy, with rain/snow showers, so no riding to work tomorrow.

Monday? Should be partly cloudy and about 51 degrees, so I should get out for a bit then...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just rode around town getting some errands taken care of. It was a little brisk, but overall not bad.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Riding Black Beauty

Today was Black Beauty's first major ride since installing the KXf forks. Also the first road ride of the year. I went for about an hour and a half. It was great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Up and down Simpsons rest, down rancho verde road and was chased by the same dog twice. Glad the 'ol KLR can outrun a dog! Got it parked and it tipped over (installed sw motech crash bars Monday). So all was good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Downtown St Joe Missouri, it was a brisk 32 mile trip in but the ride home will be GREAT....
Hey, me too. Same destination, almost the exact same distance. First time I've ridden to work this year. Windy as shit on the way home tonight but I didn't mind. I love that ride home at night.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rode with Snakeboy66 yesterday down Skyline and back roads to the coast. We found some real goaty roads with no cars.

While on Skyline we took a break to fix my broken LED Light Mount and tons of nice sport bikes started showing up.

Funny thing though with all the nice expensive cool sport bikes that were there some guys just wanted to talk to us about our KLR's.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Funny thing though with all the nice expensive cool sport bikes that were there some guys just wanted to talk to us about our KLR's.
Finally, we are getting the recognition we KLR riders deserve.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
901 Posts
Let's see... The first "ride" this morning (at roughly 0445 hrs) was from the parking lot at work to home - 18 miles. The second "ride" this afternoon was from home back to the parking lot at work - another 18 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Finally, we are getting the recognition we KLR riders deserve.

Snakeboy66
Hmmm.....Getting respect from sportbike riders.....Soon guys on Harleys will be waving at us!! What's next? BMW riders? :wave2: :Tongue2:
Regards....justjeff

1 - 20 of 182 Posts