Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hmmm.....Getting respect from sportbike riders.....Soon guys on Harleys will be waving at us!! What's next? BMW riders? :wave2: :Tongue2:
Regards....justjeff
That actually happened to me today on the way to work - unless the guy was riding a Triumph Tiger...

:character00271:

...then again, the guy probably didn't see I was riding a KLR until it was too late to change it to the one-finger salute!

·
Administrator
8,236 Posts
Went to Buttonwillow Raceway to watch some vintage racing.

T

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Took the Gen1 onto the Beaver Lake pipeline trail yesterday.
Wolf tracks next to my size 10 boot!

Bypass start. Bypasses go around waterholes that span the width of the trail. The trees and bush are too thick to go through.

Bypass pic2

An other water hole. Waterholes vary from 2inches to 2 feet+ deep and can be firm bottom or bottomless muskeg. I have seen quads buried to the fenders in these type of holes. Best to check them out before driving in!!

A KLR in its natural state! If you look carefully you can see the tire track on the extreme left of the water hole(mid thigh deep) right next to the trees. There is no bypass.

Home again! Time out 11am Time home 4pm I worked through or around 20 waterholes during a 30k loop plus un numbered rocks, ruts, roots, and other mayhem!!

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice one Jeff.

Them mud puddles scare me. That wolf track is really cool.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Nice one Jeff.

Them mud puddles scare me. That wolf track is really cool.
The mud holes are mostly at the bottom of valleys or in natural low spots and are often dug very deep by Quads. I have no problem with that, it's just one of the hazards. Muskeg is much worse!! Three weeks ago there was 3ft deep snow on these trails.
I am always happier to see fresh Wolf tracks than fresh Bear tracks!! I never want to see fresh Cougar tracks.:(
Regards....justjeff

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Inferno 500 with KMBSAR and Snakeboy66

13hrs / 473 miles / Temps over 100 degrees (F)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Rode up Middle Canyon in the Oquirrh Mountains between the Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys, with the goal of riding up to the Oquirrh Overlook above the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine. Unfortunately, about 200 yards from the top of the pass where the road to the overlook branches off, it appears that Kennecott has installed a gate across the road.

Major bummer!!!

I was really hoping I could get to the overlook to see the big landslide for myself.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i rode to the carwash. hosed her down real good( i know but she REALLY neded it) and came back home. 100+ degree desert heat is a little much for this gringo from the north.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just had to get out of the house for a while and headed for back country roads that I thought I'd ridden before, but found a few that I hadn't. Seventy-seven mi. of solitudinal (is that a word?) bliss. Mostly 45 mph with more :animal0030 than cars: none of these :policecar: either. :chopper:
Bob

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Not today, but last week.

Skyline solo ride.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Nice pics Cabrito! That's a funny road you were on, all right turns! Doesn't that make you dizzy? :stickpoke:
Best Regards....justjeff

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice pics Cabrito! That's a funny road you were on, all right turns! Doesn't that make you dizzy? :stickpoke:
Best Regards....justjeff
There were at least two left turns... :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I took the KLR to a meeting this morning and when I got finished I headed to the mountains for twisties and watercrossings. :HappyRoll:

After all that I cruised the backroads toward home to finish the day :doublethumb:

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Nice to see someone riding somewhere where there is GREEN on the trees and fields!!
jj
Never mind. How about where it's white.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
That's nice too! You Southerners get all the warm weather!!:cold: You gonna enter those in the calender contest KLR4evr?
jj

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
It got up to almost 70 today so I got out for my first ride since mid-November. I did what I always do and just aimlessly wandered the back roads of Holt County. It's pretty dull and lifeless around here in early March, but I took the camera along anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
May be "dull and lifeless" but at least all your water is in it's liquid state and back in the lake where it belongs!!
jj

21 - 40 of 182 Posts