Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a cigar tube, the plastic type, painted it black, put velcroe around it, and put the papers inside. I put velcroe on the inside of the fairing, just above the light cover. I attach the cigar tube to the velcroe inside the fairing. This keeps it inplace for when I need it, it is hidden from anyone passing by the bike looking for something to steal, and it stays dry inside the tube.

For my smokes, cell phone charger, and misc... things, I got a pouch that slips over the sun-visor of a car, (the type with velcroe straps) and wrapped the top strap around the cross bar a couple times, then it fastens to the bottom strap that has been run under the handlebars. I carry a lot of "stuff" in that little pouch, and it is an easy on/off if I want to take it inside, or put it on the other bike.

·
Registered
595 Posts
In a Black painted 6" PVC sprinkler riser. They are threaded on both ends. Sealed one cap permantly, lubed the other. I have it attached with Zip Tie right under the luggage rack wedged on top of the break light. It's out of the way, watertight and totally invisible to the casual glance.

·
Registered
207 Posts
In my toolbox but I think I will keep an eye on this topic to see what turns up.
Could be a combination.
Couple of good ideas so far.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
http://www.cycoactive.com/

I just bought some MotoFile's from CycoActive. Small, water resistant, inexpensive, and make good presents.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I had been looking to make a tube that would mount on top of the headlight bucket. Never found the exact stuff I wanted. Not long ago I found the MotoFile at CycoActive http://www.cycoactive.com/ and now I have a place for my registration +. I also keep a copy of the registration in a ziploc bag in both riding jackets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since I suffer from multiple bike syndrome, I carry a backpack and the papers are in seperate zip-loc bags in their own pocket. Modern bikes (KLR....modern :wink: ) don't seem to have convenient places for paperwork.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Created this today. Small zip lock bag with paperwork inside. Tube is very tight. End caps are very tight and no doubt watertight for all practical purposes. Hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I carry all my papers in a waterproof pouch that I picked up at the bike store near me, cost about $5.00. Keep it in my Riding Jacket. I can also fit my cell phone and whatever else in it if I get caught out in the rain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I keep my registration and proof of ins' card in a samll zip lock. That I put in the small tool compartment on the luggage rack. I also keep a Leatherman multi-tool there, a small can of WD-40 and a AAA Mag-light.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing special. It goes in a plastic bag and then inside my JCW tail box. There's a small plastic sleeve mounted to the same wall as the hinges. Only down side is when I take the box off for a local ride or something. Rarely do I remember to grab the paperwork! Before that, it was stuffed in box with the tools.

·
Registered
71 Posts
currently, in a ziplock snack bag in the front (handlebar end) of my tankbag. that may change though, given some of the ideas I've seen here.

·
Registered
425 Posts
In a bike trunk, it has a waterproof seal and runs $20 or so on ebay, it mounts behind the license plate and has a key lock, I also keep an extr $5 or $10 in there in case I get out and need gas or something.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
f.2 said:
Yup. Btw, you only have to carry copies.

Bigdog57 said:
In my wallet. :wink:
I know this is true for California, is it true for all states? I hope so.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
46moo said:
Nothing special. It goes in a plastic bag and then inside my JCW tail box. There's a small plastic sleeve mounted to the same wall as the hinges. Only down side is when I take the box off for a local ride or something. Rarely do I remember to grab the paperwork! Before that, it was stuffed in box with the tools.
Please let us not get hijack this thread with a box discussion but we can discuss where to keep the registration and other papers on our KLRs.

I would love to keep all my stuff in a tail box and I used to have a JCW box. Not to be negative though informative, the JCW boxes have a history of breaking at the latch with some never to be found again. I am either going to a soft bag or a Givi box.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
tomatocity said:
f.2 said:
Yup. Btw, you only have to carry copies.

Bigdog57 said:
In my wallet. :wink:
I know this is true for California, is it true for all states? I hope so.
edit: Oops! this post is meant for the COPY OF REGISTRATION suggestion.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I keep mine in the locking, diamond plated top box I bought on ebay, along with my camera, cell phone and extra cloths.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts