Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering trading one of my road bike projects for a non street legal dirt bike, a 1980 DR400. Where can you go without a plate? Forest service roads? trails?
where else? And do you have to have any ownership papers to get that off road sticker? This one has no title.
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry if this comes up twice. I'm still gettin used to posting on forums. staythetrail.com (or .org, not sure) has a tone of info. They list a ton of trails in Colorado and what type of vehicle you can use on them. I was amazed at how many there are. Good luck

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think most places require the sticker, does your bike have the spark arrestor? If so it shouldnt be too hard to get a sticker.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike I was thinking about didn't have the spark arrestor, I think I have decided not to do this swap. The old Suzuki 1000 project is worth a lot more than his DR400. My other dirt bikes have the spark arrestor, where do you go to get this sticker? Do you need ownership papers to get it?
I have no title on one of the dirt bikes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went up by Rampart yesterday, noticed spark arrestor signs. I also noticed most trails are closed to non licensed vehicles. Up by Buffalo Creek reservoir same thing, lots of signs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts