Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from the East Coast and I saw ONE KLR.R all the East Coast KLR's garage queen's.I was looking to buy a Kaw. cap back there and only could found one dealer and no caps with dealer name or city name.I was in Va,Wv,Pa,Ny,Tenn and Nc.What gaves back there? I saw alot of real cool roads to ride but there were M/C empty.Expect for some two wheel cars Wings & Hogs.:):)

·
Registered
85 Posts
not so familiar with those areas but uP in New England i see way more klrs than versys (my previous bike). But it is mostly hogs and gold wings. we dont get to many bike commuters so that really cuts down on the number of cheaper higher mileage bikes. i work with 500 and there are only 4 of us that commute often on bikes, got more regular bicycle commuters than motorcycle

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Same deal here where I live, or at least where I work. I did a tally of the motorcycle parking area; bikes from all three shifts that I see parked there regularly.

Totals:

14 Harley Davidsons in various shapes and forms
3 50cc scooters, one with an aftermarket slip-on "performance" muffler
1 250cc scooter with a weird "training wheels" arrangement in the rear
1 Nice old Yamaha DT250 Enduro bike that's been rebuilt
1 KLR: Mine

·
Registered
562 Posts
Apparently you didn't ride through my neck of the woods. There are several up here in Northern VA. Mine you can see from space

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I just got back from a 2600 mile loop up into Canada and saw several during the trip.. Some Gen 1's and some Gen 2's..

I saw 2 guys on Gen 1's riding side by side on a back road while stopping in West Hawk Lake, Manitoba... I wish I had gotten a photo.. They looked great, and they were dressed for the part, too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts