Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Discovered that my bar is bended. Would like a replacement. And cause in Estonia they do not sell Pro Taper ATV high, it must be Renthal. And I would like it to be as close to stock one as possible.
It seems to me, that the closest is Enduro CR high. Do I miss some point here?

Comparement what I made is here:

CR HighEnduro HighEnduroDesertKLR
A (width)
800​
835​
794​
850​
810​
B(end rise)
95​
135​
101​
119​
75​
C (central rise)
67​
95​
65​
82​
75​
D (center with)
125​
130​
120​
140​
205​
E (pull back)
100​
78​
73​
74​
100​

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
I use the RC (not CR) High. Here's the stock bend;

What are the dimensions of the stock handlebar?
For comparison to other bars, here are approximate dimensions of the KLR handlebar (thanks, Matt!).

Width​
End Rise​
Center Rise​
Center Width​
Pull Back​
810 mm​
75mm​
75mm​
205mm​
100mm​
What aftermarket bars are available for the KLR?
Aftermarket bars are a much better option than factory replacements. Steel bars are available for around $20-40, and $85 will get you quality aluminum bars. Many people like the Renthal 666 desert bend, which is comparable to the stock bar but wider, as is the CR-Hi. If you need something taller, ATV bars are a good way to go (i.e., Renthal Suzuki Quadracer or Yamaha Raptor, MSR Dominator, etc.).

Personally, I find the stock bars to have WAY too much pullback and people like them only because they've gotten used to them.

Dave

on edit: nevermind - I missed that you already have the stock bar dimensions at the end

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
Been studying the table in the first post. What I’m finding is that the pullback for a CR High is 62 mm and not 100 as indicated.

@DPelletier do you have specs for the RC? Haven’t got around to searching them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts