Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 KLR 650
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a soft tail bag for my KLR but don't know anyone that could recommend one. So here I am asking for help.

I've looked at two so far that caught my eye. The Chase Harper USA 4200 and the Nelson-Rigg RG-1055 Black Trails End Adventure Tail Bag. There's others that look good as well so I'm open to your opinions on better choices.

What do ya'll think I should buy?

·
Premium Member
2014.5 KLR650
133 Posts
I have the 'stock' KLR650 tail bag from Kawasaki. The zippers seem a little grumpy, but they are still working fine. Expandable and semi waterproof.
Pretty cheap. Easy on-off.

·
Premium Member
2009 KLR 650
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. After looking at what a lot of other KLR owners go with, I bought a Apache 3800 case to mount on the rear rack. If it doesn't work out, I'm only out $30 so it's worth a try.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Bought 2...both off of fleabay for less than $50 each. Work well on all my bikes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’ve been using a Chase Harper 4200 Tail Trunk for 2 yrs now and love it. Had no issues. It holds a lot. I do strap it down tighter with a spider web if going on really bumpy off-road. I also built a 1/2“ PVC skeleton frame to keep it at full shape when empty. PVC easily removable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts