Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that there are two different types of springs included with the Doohickey. Does anyone know which one to get for a 2001 and a 2007?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I think we've used the longer one for all the bikes we've done. The shorter spring would be used if your chain has a lot of wear and stretch..

Slap the longer one on first, and if it doesn't seem like it's doing much stretching between the post and the Doo, use the shorter one..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Paper is right on if you're talking different lengths. If you mean the torsion spring like the one in the pic, it is a better option in that you won't need to ever think about it again, but requires drilling and a bit more effort to get it on. If you got the torsion and aren't worried about a challenge, go for it. If you're talking length, listen to Paper.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
If you're talking length, listen to Paper.
Know why?? Cuz Mike didn't have the torsion spring system out til AFTER I'd already done mine, and several others.. :)
Oh well..

And if I had it all over to do again, I'd go with that big Ol' round torsion spring!!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Me too. And I DID have a torsion spring. Oh well.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Don't do it man! That's what I did, and if I had it to do again, I would definitely go torsion spring. It's easier than I thought it was...or so I have observed.

If you're gonna go in there, you will have already done a lot harder stuff than putting in the T spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts