Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, What tank bag fits my 09 klr perfectly? any pictures? pros? cons?

I see a ton of them in different shapes, sizes and mounting options but which one if any is (THE tank bag) for a 09 klr650. I have searched and just cant come up with the answer im looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Just askin'; ever look at the Kawasaki tank bag?

Have one on my Generation 1; fits perfectly, allows fuel tank cap opening, expandable, clear map pocket . . .

Perhaps not creative/stylish/chic/etc., but . . . a rather serviceable tank bag, IMHO; I'd expect the same for the Generation 2 model.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I have the factory tank bag on my 2011. Holds lots, expandable, clear map pocket and waterproof but is too wide. Gets in the way when standing. If you do all your riding sitting it is great. Also clears the fuel filler cap without being removed. All good features except the standing issue.
JJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I think the Wolfman Explorer Lite is what I will go with. looks like a nice bag compared to the Kawasaki version.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
i've got a Wolfman too.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have a bracket for the soft bags or if not have you had any issues? Just curious because I have the cortech soft bags and was going to try and use them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got the Wolfman Blackhawk, which I find just a little bit too small. Happy with the quality and fit (no, I didn't get the KLR harness), but campfire's recommendation of the Explorer Lite might be in the works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts