Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some feedback on whether the universal slipstream model is better than the taller windscreens I see on some KLR's. They don't look as wide as the slipstream. The slipstream is less expensive, but I am more concerned with what works the best. Anyone have any comments ther much appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
250 Posts
Boy thats really hard to say. A lot of it is personal choice and the size of the person riding the bike. I have an 11+ on my bike and like it. Some folks complain about buffiting though. Myself I think thats just part of riding. It really depends on what you are looking for from a windscreen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am finding it quite difficult to find a winshield that I am happy with. I tried the Parrabellum and sent it back, worked fine but way to close to my face. Have tried a plexi faring, way to much buffeting, allthough it is a bit on the short side. Have tried many modifications to exitsting windshield but no luck. I have just ordered a A-33 from Direction 2, it is 22.5 wide by 22.5 tall, we will see how this works, can alway cut it if to big. Right now I am running with now windshield and have removed the stock faring and replaced with a 7" round headlight. it is cold with out a windshield but much smoother. Some of the windshields gives so much buffeting that I get motion sickness. Never had this problem with any other bike and this is my 12th bike. Maybe fender and handguards have an effect, not sure. But half the fun is modifying.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the 4" larger wind shield from Kawasaki.I like it better than the stock one.I still get buffiting but most of the wind goes over my head instead of in my face.I think a couple more inches would have been better protection.I read on another forum that somebody angled thier fairing forward a little and that helped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
NONE! Take it off and ride it for a week. Then decide if you still want one. I hate feeling like my head is in a wind cyclone and I don't like the huge shields like on those geriatric trikes. Off road they are just one more thing to break. But if YOU like them, then GET 'EM. It's YOUR bike. Just an opinion from the other side of the spectrum.

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you have a problem with wind buffeting... then remove the fairing as well as the windscreen. I've been riding "Naked" for over a month and the air passing by my helmet is just as clean as when I stand on the pegs! A definate improvement over stock!

·
Registered
102 Posts
WIND SCREEN

I have the Slip Streamer wind screen on mu 07 KLR. It is the 14" by 16" I really like it. A little intense getting it mounted where you want it., and getting it to stay put. I get a steady breeze past the screen. Enough that is is enjoyable. I am not one to enjoy a class 5 Himacane trying to rip my head off my shoulders. They are 50 ish $$ from MAW ONLINE. Can not recall who on here suggested this wind screen, so I can not take credit for the info. It is a good find at a reasonable cost in my book.

Thanks Bill

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I cut the "flip" off the top of the screen. The wind blast is off my chest, my helmet's in clean air, and my helmet ventilation even works. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
How do you ride in the winter enjoying all that "clean air?" The +6 is the way to go for winter riding. In the summer when I am doing more off roading, I put on a little 3 inch screen that I made out of acryllic and painted black.

·
Registered
100 Posts
JaySoy said:
How do you ride in the winter enjoying all that "clean air?" The +6 is the way to go for winter riding. In the summer when I am doing more off roading, I put on a little 3 inch screen that I made out of acryllic and painted black.
The +6 looks ubber ghey though. :razz:

I would like to try a tall one for this time of year to see if it made a big enough difference.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
JaySoy said:
How do you ride in the winter enjoying all that "clean air?"
Simple..

Low speed..

High speed..

That, and I only ride until the salt flies.. Once they start dumping inches of salt on the ground around here, the bikes get put away.. So far, so good..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually, come to think of it, which windshield is this? +4?

Paper, sweet looking 'strom man!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thanks Jay.. It doesn't always look like that..
Here's my cut down stock screen. I use this when it's hot..

It started out looking like this..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts