Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who has a Steering Damper?

Please show Pics of Steering Dampers and discribe your Damper set up........

THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO ARGUE ON WHETHER A DAMPER IS WORTH THE MONEY OR OTHER MODS TO DO.......JUST DAMPERS.....PLEASE

OK!!!!!Fai Bravo.

Peace,
Ricky

·
Registered
58 Posts
Steering dampners are also known as blown fork seals. The seals blow, start leaking, and the fork legs get dampened with fork oil.

Steering dampers, on the other hand, are very expensive farkles used to stabilize the front end on bikes that need it. A properly set up KLR doesn't need one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steering dampners are also known as blown fork seals. The seals blow, start leaking, and the fork legs get dampened with fork oil.

Steering dampers, on the other hand, are very expensive farkles used to stabilize the front end on bikes that need it. A properly set up KLR doesn't need one.
Thanks for the clarification on Spelling and definition.........I changed the spelling in the first post so that it's clear....

No offense, I don't care if you think the bike needs one or not.......For the type of riding I do, I need one.

Anybody have any pics of their Damper set up????????????????????

Peace

·
Registered
517 Posts
I contacted Scotts and GPR with coming up with one for the KLR but neither cared to develop one and or the person who answered the emails didn't care.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ciao Paulo,

I've looked it up and you can weld the mount on the KLR.

Peace

BTW, Anybody have this set up?????????Would like to see Pictures.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Per Patman on the other forum:
Get with Drew at Works Enduro Rider ( WER ) and check out the damper they sell. While they don't list one for the KLR, Drew may be able to help ya out with a damper that sits down under the headlight assy.
I've used these on my racebikes and they work great, and stay out of the way...especially for bikes with a bunch of stuff in the cockpit...flight deck I mean.

check here...
http://www.werproducts.net/or.php

·
Registered
280 Posts
A dampener would be a good asset on a KLR, the thin forks transmit a lot of twitch to the bars in tight woods and single track, anything to help control that would be a good thing. Currently I'm in process of adapting one to my '02 that I do intend on racing this season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts