Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Down at the bottom of the page, there's a link about contacting the forum. That generally leads to the person who is in charge of the place - the admin...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Why? Can't you just delete the cookies on your computer and also remove this site from any favorites you might have....? Plus also can't you put a block on this site also.....? I'm no comouter expert.....but have done this to satisfy my own mind when leaving a site. It works....

Just a suggestion.......if you are that upset over it....?

Sorry to see you go........:13:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Tom,
As I mentioned in the PM, it's not an option.. Or at least it isn't on my admin panel.

My suggestion is to go in and edit your profile to nothing, or go crazy and put in what you really think.. I'm done caring.. When we can't discuss off topic subjects in Off Topic, what's the point??

Just like my Merry Christmas comment, I'm tired of politically correct.. Apparently it's wrong to discuss issues that make a couple people uncomfortable, even though nobody forced them to read them in the first place.. Screw them.. I too am out.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I know I shouldn't be saying this but , IF....a thread is upsetting you....why would you keep going back to it?

The old saying Curiousity killed the cat....sort of rings true.
It's himan nature to do this, but, we are grown adults I'm expecting, so we should know better than to be tormented by a single thread. Sure I know a topic can get under your skin as many have mine.....and yes I am guilty of doing just this also....but......
I have found on some sites you can stop yourself from having access to specific sections of it. An example would be ADVRider. If I go onto the thumper, Canadian or their off topic sections....I'm easily sucked into thses BS threads where I can't stop getting sucked into. They have a way you can block those sections from your sight. That way I can still visit the sections of ADVRider that I want to visit without getting distracted. That site has by far the best travel and adventure sections that I have come across period for adventure riding. That i what I use the site for....nothing else. The rest of the site is full of trolls baiting people who don't fit into their little cliques or families and they take great enjoyment from upsetting you personally.
So, once again.....select the specific areas you want to see and visit and stick to them......don't open the off topic forums if you have some idea that there is a topic that will get you seeing red.

Plus the ignor feature is a good tool also. There are always some arseholes on every forum who troll and bait people as their way of having fun.....screw them and put them on ignor.....it helps......over time more people will get upset with them and they will get the boot and they will go elsewhere or start a new identity until outed. I am Willys every where, I don't open new identities just to hide from my past......IMHO, IF you are multiple people there is a reason for it......you are hiding from either trolling and baiting or you are worried about security. But people who open multiple identities on the same site are trolls IMHO, as there is no other reason to do so in the begining, is there?...sorry I'll fall off my soap box now......see how easy it is to get distracted.....damn!!!

Just a thought.......hope it helps...Merry Christmas .....:13:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

Just like my Merry Christmas comment, I'm tired of politically correct.. Apparently it's wrong to discuss issues that make a couple people uncomfortable, even though nobody forced them to read them in the first place.. Screw them.. I too am out.

What? Don't bail dude, take a time out or whatever.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I know I shouldn't be saying this but , IF....a thread is upsetting you....why would you keep going back to it?

The old saying Curiousity killed the cat....sort of rings true.
It's himan nature to do this, but, we are grown adults I'm expecting, so we should know better than to be tormented by a single thread. Sure I know a topic can get under your skin as many have mine.....and yes I am guilty of doing just this also....but......
I have found on some sites you can stop yourself from having access to specific sections of it. An example would be ADVRider. If I go onto the thumper, Canadian or their off topic sections....I'm easily sucked into thses BS threads where I can't stop getting sucked into. They have a way you can block those sections from your sight. That way I can still visit the sections of ADVRider that I want to visit without getting distracted. That site has by far the best travel and adventure sections that I have come across period for adventure riding. That i what I use the site for....nothing else. The rest of the site is full of trolls baiting people who don't fit into their little cliques or families and they take great enjoyment from upsetting you personally.
So, once again.....select the specific areas you want to see and visit and stick to them......don't open the off topic forums if you have some idea that there is a topic that will get you seeing red.

Plus the ignor feature is a good tool also. There are always some arseholes on every forum who troll and bait people as their way of having fun.....screw them and put them on ignor.....it helps......over time more people will get upset with them and they will get the boot and they will go elsewhere or start a new identity until outed. I am Willys every where, I don't open new identities just to hide from my past......IMHO, IF you are multiple people there is a reason for it......you are hiding from either trolling and baiting or you are worried about security. But people who open multiple identities on the same site are trolls IMHO, as there is no other reason to do so in the begining, is there?...sorry I'll fall off my soap box now......see how easy it is to get distracted.....damn!!!

Just a thought.......hope it helps...Merry Christmas .....:13:
By the sound of things, one of the dreaded "Three G Topics" has caused the problem. In my online existence (and yeah, I'm like you in the sense that I don't open multiple accounts or different identities online - I'm acidman1968 wherever I browse), I've seen a lot of people leave message boards or get totally peeved in conversations regarding God, Guns, and Government.

Hell, on one board I frequented years ago, they banned those topics from discussion because of the heated conversation that sometimes took place.

As for me, I try to keep an open mind - even in topics that I disagree with. I recognize the fact that I'm not "all-knowing" or "omniscient", which means I don't always know everything, and therefore SHOULD keep an open mind.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
I feel somewhat responsible for this since it seemed to be one of my posts that rubbed people the wrong way. Somewhere a man named Glen is laughing. I'd hate to see this site degenerate to that point.

It's too bad, because any forum dedicated simply to information doesn't last long. In order for a forum to be "human" and to build a following of folks willing and able to help each other, the people who participate in that forum have to be more than just a screen name and a wealth of knowledge.

I thought perhaps this forum was different from the dreaded "other" KLR site, but I guess perhaps it's not. Kind of ironic how one side of the line is not to be broached on that site and the other side is apparently not to be broached on this site.

I would have to agree with acidman that there are certain subjects that seem to be controversial in the "Off Topic" section of any site. When you're just reading the text someone else typed, you're not getting the whole picture of what they're saying, how they're saying it and who they really are, I don't care how well you write.

And, as a lot of folks have noted, if a thread offends your sensibilities so much, why keep going back and reading it? I just don't get that one at all and it doesn't make any sense to me to feel that what one person says on the site reflects the entire community as a whole.

"Intolerance is the most socially-acceptable form of egotism, for it permits us to assume superiority without personal boasting." - Sydney J. Harris

I have no plans to leave the site, but in the future will use it only as a means of gathering needed technical information about my KLR. You guys can carry on with the "social" side of it. I always spent way too much time posting inane shit on this site, anyway. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Good Morning All,

I guess the Mayans were not referring to the world, just the KLR Forum. I am sorry to see anyone leaving over another's opinion.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a great New Year!

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I personally don't think people are that....serious about the site going bad.....it has after all, some of the best KLR related members on the web IMHO.....for the most part we all agree on most things. It took a national or should I say a world wide tragedy to get people to spill their thoughts and it may have crossed some lines for some people.
Think about it folks.....we normally do not talk or discuss this sort of thing and the norm is a very pleasant place to hang your hat.
So....try and realize where all of this negativity is generating from. We all have our own personal feelings on all topics and none of them will agree with all of us.

IMHO....most are just venting their sorrow for the greiving families who will never be the same ever again around this time of year especially. This is supposed to be a happy time for all....but it sadly will never be for 26 families.
What we discuss will not bring them back, make a difference or even help the situation.....it is just a way for us to vent. Do not take it personally.....you just can't or it will eat you internally.

I don't care if you see things as the NRA does or the complete opposite.....getting pissed off at fellow members here isn't going to do you or any of us any good....is it? You can't blame the site for you opening a subject in the Off Topic section that you know will offend you personally just as I know it. I have some of the thinnest skin made! I get pissed extremely quickly if I do not take a step back and see who and what the topic is that is upsetting me. Just as you should do....take responsibility for your actions. As I have said before....ignor, advoid or participate.....but don't blame the site for your problem at the present time.

Hopefully we can get passed this and carry on with what we are doing here primarily.....enjoying our collective KLR related issues. Period!

Now... who's got the Eggnog...?:13:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I guess I missed all this, and that might be a good thing because I would probably made so others upset as well. But I like to hear other point of views...even if your wrong (just kidding). Just like my older brother, sometimes he's so wrong but I still love him!
Just think in some country's they can't even have this debate.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Paper,
Don't let an individual who is unhappy ruin your enjoyment!:t1204:
Nobody is forced to come to this site or read all the postings on this site.:stickpoke:
Stick around, you're a fixture whereas the complainers are just passing through!
MERRY,CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:t1202:

·
Registered
376 Posts
"If you can't laugh at war, what's the point of fighting?" —Gene, Air America

"Friends, friends, please! We should be united against the common enemy!"
[all] "The Judean People's Front?!"
"No! The Romans!"
"Oh, yeah. The Romans."
—Brian, The Life of Brian

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." —Thomas Jefferson

"F--- it, Dude, let's go bowling." —Walter, The Big Lebowski

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Merry Christmas ......so where's home now Tom....?

All forums have issues....none are amune to it.....ask me how I know....lol.....you are no different than many.....

If you are that upset.....just a simple querry....why come back to check....? it's self inflicted torture.....again ask me how I know. A bit like a train wreck eh......lol. Now get out of the way......you're blocking my view!:13:

Hope to see you again in the New Year!:13:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been the bane of more than one forum. Do your homework :). Still waiting for my status to be wiped from this forum. Time will tell. Happy Holidays.
Yup I got banned off the other site for a stand I took, LOL.

As for homework, it's been a long time out of school and I don't judge people on what they say or have said in previous posts, or other sites, as people do change their views. I just hope that my posts had nothing to do with your decision. If so, send me a PM and give me a chance to set things right.

Take care, happy holidays:8:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yup I got banned off the other site for a stand I took, LOL.

As for homework, it's been a long time out of school and I don't judge people on what they say or have said in previous posts, or other sites, as people do change their views. I just hope that my posts had nothing to do with your decision. If so, send me a PM and give me a chance to set things right.

Take care, happy holidays:8:
No one gets banned on this site for disagreeing with someone or having a controversial opinion. In the three years I've been here I can only think of 2 or 3 people that were banned, 1 specifically asked for it.

This is just a forum of mostly anonymous people that have a common interest. I'm not apologizing for what I've posted. I did apologize for taking the discussion away from the tragedy but that happens with any prolonged discussion.

Rainier_Tom no one but you cares about your profile/status, see ya. I'll still pull over and help if you're on the side of the road though doesn't matter if you agree with my opinions or not.

IMHO Paper did a great job as mod. It's unfortunate that a few got their panties twisted up and went after him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts