Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe Locasto, holder of three world land-speed records in stock-bodied cars at Bonneville, is my Uncle in law. Hell of a guy. They don't make them like him anymore. Anyway, on Easter he gave me this t-shirt. A cousin was surfing eBay and came on this - Joe's shop from back in the day. He didn't know the seller. He emailed him and told him he was proud of his initiative and keep going and send him a few t-shirts to hand out. One went to me. So, some dude found a logo from an obscure shop decades out of business and started making shirts. What a crazy world. And lucky for him, Joe could give a **** about potential litigation and is just a good all around guy. Built a plane from scratch...they just don't make em like Joe anymore...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Awesome! I met Joe a few years ago out at San Carlos airport, he was working on the replica Curtiss P-6 (??). I was working in the Redwood City area at the time and occasionally wandered out to the airport on lunch and he invited me into the hanger to check out the project, told me lots of stories about his racing days and speed records out at Bonneville. It was always entertaining as he's an energetic guy as I'm sure you know and often left me dying of laughter-he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Did he ever complete that project?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes he did. And you are right, he is NOT afraid to speak his mind. He's a fascinating guy. Played in a big band in LA before he ****ed up his hands. Owned bars in Chicago. Grew up an orphan. He's a hell of a guy. We disagree on lots of things (he is a rabid conservative), but I love him.

Awesome! I met Joe a few years ago out at San Carlos airport, he was working on the replica Curtiss P-6 (??). I was working in the Redwood City area at the time and occasionally wandered out to the airport on lunch and he invited me into the hanger to check out the project, told me lots of stories about his racing days and speed records out at Bonneville. It was always entertaining as he's an energetic guy as I'm sure you know and often left me dying of laughter-he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. Did he ever complete that project?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts