Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I urge you to go to "Who's on line?".

60 some members that I have never even seen their names before are viewing, "Social Group List".

Is this site being used for something shadey/illegal?

·
Premium Member
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks to me as they ALL joined on 10-07-2016!

·
Premium Member
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"0" threads and "0" postings???
Of the 6-10 or so names that I clicked on!
Most of them came "on-line" about the same time!

Has the site been compromised, Again?

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
All of their IP addresses are foreign, many from Mexico.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Looking into it.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. There is a total of 79 people who joined on the date you mentioned. Of those only a few people have posted. Most of the suspect user email addresses are from mail.com. The IP's I randomly checked are from Poland and Mexico. My inclination at this point is to remove all the mail.com users and then maybe check the rest a little deeper. Too many to check individually.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
They are clever.

They have created Social Groups and posted spam in the groups. They've created about 200,000 messages.

I can't delete them manually (I've gotten a few hundred, but it's impossible), and I can't do a One Touch Ban and Clean from a Social Group.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
Ya I'm not having much better luck from the Admin Panel either. I have found if I delete the user it is supposed to also deleter the Social Group and posts. Problem is I can only do one at a time and when it refreshes it takes a number of page loads to get back. Very tedious. I didn't sign on for this, after all the ball game is on. Did post in the Moderator Help area so hopefully we'll get this fixed soon.
I'm trying to find some short cuts in the mean time.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Check Who's Online.

I think I got all I could see. I found a pretty quick way to do them one at a time, sheesh.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
I was able to mass delete the Social groups they created which removed them too.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
I'm concerned. They are banned but still active.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
I'm concerned. They are banned but still active.

Tom
I think that eventually that will correct itself. Seen it before. They are probably still logged in but if they try to post they should be shut down.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Yeah, I realized it was showing their last activity before they got banned as soon as I resorted the list.

Tom

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Paul,

Thanks for the heads up! It was a spam-bot attack and klr4evr has pretty well handled it, all while watching the ball game.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
Paul,

Thanks for the heads up! It was a spam-bot attack and klr4evr has pretty well handled it, all while watching the ball game.

Tom
Actually missed the game. My computer is on a different level. :frown2:

Spent well over 2 hours on it and in the process found a bunch more from before Sept 1.

·
Premium Member
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Actually missed the game. My computer is on a different level. :frown2:

Spent well over 2 hours on it and in the process found a bunch more from before Sept 1.
klr4evr,
Sorry that you missed the game. :( But thank you for helping to cleaning up a mess.

Sorry to say that you missed one though. hilbert89 was a very busy guy on 10-4-16, 37 pages of s***!

I found him in social groups "?" klr fans.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
There's something different about hilbert.

All the rest went away, either when I banned them or when klr4evr dleted the Social Group. I think both ways worked.

I banned hilbert, but his group messages didn't go away. There are still almost 2000 messages, too many to delete 10 at a time. We'll eventually get it.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
klr4evr,
Sorry that you missed the game. :( But thank you for helping to cleaning up a mess.

Sorry to say that you missed one though. hilbert89 was a very busy guy on 10-4-16, 37 pages of s***!

I found him in social groups "?" klr fans.
I didn't so much miss that one. With my Mod abilities I was able to delete all the Social Groups but for whatever reason that one survived and it wasn't showing up in the Social Group Manager in our Moderator controls.

Tom had reported it to the Site Admins so I was leaving it alone trusting them to look after it. However, it appears that they didn't do anything. I'm actually a little pi**ed that they didn't take a more active interest in what was going on and be a little more assertive but that's another day.

Likely thing is that we will shut down the Social Group feature. Not being used anyway.

I just went back to the Social Groups with normal Moderator access and it looks like I was able to delete Mr. Hilbert89.

Thanks again for picking up on that. It's great to have other eyes watching the goings on a little. We can't catch everything. I seldom look at who's on line.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
In order to get rid of ol' hilbert's Social Group I had to delete him as a user. I had sent him to Banned Camp. That didn't do it. I perma-banned him, and that didn't do it.

Deleting him did the trick.

Tom

Reactions: justjeff
1 - 20 of 22 Posts