Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and not a DR?? Need help making a decision on my next bike.:23a:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why KLR

The KLR is an awesome bike with a few tweaks, at a great price. It lasts forever and is just fun to ride.and work on. I have an 07 and about 5k on it with no issues and smile everyday.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The DR is a nice bike, but as you have probably seen, it is designed for more off road use, with just enough stuff to make it street legal. It is smaller, has a smaller tank and the seat is narrow, but it has power and a great suspension.

The KLR is more for street with some decent off road ability mixed into the design. It is bigger, water cooled, and more comfortable. It has a huge following with lots of after market accessories available to tweak it to any type of use you want. Huge fuel tank and great MPG. What it boils down to is, what kind of riding are you planning to do most. Off Road with some road involved getting there, or exploring back roads, gravel roads and dirt roads, with a few single tracks mixed in. The DR for the first part, the KLR for the latter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
DXKLR....says it all.

The DR is good bike, no doubt....however, the KLR, according to some recent reviews it is rated best overall in many categories. $$ being the most important to some, dependibity to many and there is so many places to access parts and service.

And not to mention the farkles.....when your done adding everthing out there on the market, there will be no room left to you to get on the bike.....

Good Riding

BackRoader

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep.....I noticed that the KLRs have more forums and aftermarket stuff. Trying to decide.....both have pros and cons....I guess my riding would be 90/10 which would lean towards the KLR.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I guess my riding would be 90/10 which would lean towards the KLR.
With that type of riding, the KLR would be the better choice, in my opinion.. I've taken mine through some pretty nasty mud and deep sand and it does just fine.. A lighter bike would do better, but then again a lighter bike would be much more difficult to ride on the road for hours at a time, too..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts