Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife is now on a 2015 NC700X and has me outgunned.
:surprise:
Now I know how Bill Clinton feels.
I wonder how long I can live with this???

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go ahead and get that Africa Twin now.

Reactions: DeltaWolf

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go ahead and get that Africa Twin now.
I sat on one. Seems big. I wouldn't think I'd like it much on the trail. If I'm going that big, I might as well get a Goldwing. I like my KLR but I wish it had more power and was fuel injected. And what's with that "Africa" name?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But only about 20 more cc's using one too many cylinders!

That looks like a great bike. Loving the storage where the fuel tank should be. I kinda want one now.
The storage is cool and the center of gravity is really low. I'd have to say Honda found a great place to put all the gas. Feels like a KLR with an empty tank. Really light up top. It's a nice bike!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I sat on one. Seems big. I wouldn't think I'd like it much on the trail. If I'm going that big, I might as well get a Goldwing. I like my KLR but I wish it had more power and was fuel injected. And what's with that "Africa" name?
I thought the same thing. Good thing is, it doesn't ride big.

"Africa". If I were going to ride a continent, Africa would be the one. Also sounds better than North America Twin.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the same thing. Good thing is, it doesn't ride big.

"Africa". If I were going to ride a continent, Africa would be the one. Also sounds better than North America Twin.
I think if I were to trade off the KLR it would take two bikes to replace it. A KLX and a Goldwing

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I like the AT....and I could see getting one for some circumstances but it's still too heavy to ride where I take my KLR; it isn't about how heavy it feels riding, it's about how heavy it feels picking it up, lifting it over a log or pulling it back up onto the trail! No 500+ lb "dual sports" for me; 400 is the absolute max.

I may need to get one to ride with my friends on their 800XC's, F700GS's and V Stroms though....

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts