Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
WARNING!!!... DON'T READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE ANYWAY!!!

It was absolutely awesome till right after the bar blew up then the entire movie went to total shit.

From 10 to -10 in a matter of minutes. WTF were they thinking? They had such an awesome storyline just flowing right along then BAAAAAM.... completely change the entire damn thing to your standard Fin hero/love story BS!! It went from an awesome comedy to a stupid chick flick.

The whole biker gang thing???? COME ONE!!! There was so much wrong with the second half of this movie that I could hardly fathom the thought that I was still sitting there watching it knowing that once a movie goes this far south, there isn't chance of it recovering.

I bet they attempt "WILD HOGS (On the road again)".... PLEASE DON'T!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am going to give it a 5, was better then anything else they had to rent...

·
Registered
65 Posts
IMHO, Some predictable laughs but generally a fun movie! Travolta was pretty good. I'd give it a 7

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
1.5 Lame is the only word I can think of.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you do like movies like this one....try Without a Paddle or Going Fishing.

They are good family entertainment flicks..... not something for everyone...

Rate it at 4.5

·
Registered
15 Posts
I give it a ten because it was all about motorcycles and motorcycle riding.

It was not exactly "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" on the intellectual level but it did convey the joy and freedom of riding a motorcycle with no schedule to keep.

Your bike is less than half of your ride, no matter how much you treasure it and coddle it and dress it up.

Your time and the joy you get out of doing what you want to do is the greater part of your ride.

Show bikes suck and trailered bikes suck nearly as bad.

I live in Las Vegas where there is always some Arlen Ness silly ass creation on display somewhere or other. I look at them because I appreciate the artistry and workmanship and attention to detail but I mostly laugh at them because they have never been ridden and never will be ridden either.

A gal cannot be a little bit pregnant and a person cannot be a little bit of a motorcycle rider.

If you have one, throw a leg over it and ride it. You can pick up your dry cleaning some other time.

Most of us will never be pro athletes or rock stars who live that dream lifestyle so we have to take our ya-yas as we can.

Consider the cost of a high performance car or a boat or an airplane or even a horse. You can get all kinds of G forces on a motorcycle for a relatively low cost and you can commute to work on it if you like to do that and make it somewhat practical.

You cannot diagnose a stuttering airplane or boat because that sort of thing may get you killed. You cannot diagnose a faltering horse because that sort of thing might get the horse to die.

You can do the ZatAoMM thing on your bike, unless you are too timid to turn a wrench.

Yeah, I sort of enjoyed that movie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts