Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not sure how I missed the alerts.

I'm on the Idaho/Washington border and will be keeping the KLR a bit longer to see if I can work through the issues. I've got $9k into it with purchase, registration, and mods. If the market goes crazy for these things in a couple of months where I can get my money out of it, then I'll look at selling it and getting a mid-size cruiser.
I was gonna say don’t be in a hurry, I started riding again 3years ago after 20 away. At first my klx300 seemed a challenge to ride but as the reflexes came back I’ve upgraded twice more. Being a change in style from your road bike I’ll bet the KLR feels much better next year

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had been fool over the KLR since first Gen. This year I saw the Adventure and had to have it. I actually owned one in 1997. Owned it for one day, I went in and got ready to leave with it and the bottom fell out snowing. I went home and could not hardly sleep, and told my wife about it and boom. She didn't speak the rest of the night. The next morning got a call from dealership, she went up there before I got up and got the check back. So I never got to leave with my dream bike. As y'all can imagine, she has to go. That was until this year, 25 years later, my good wife drives me there to pick up my 22 adventure model. Life is good..

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998, 1987; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,274 Posts
I feel sorry for you guys who need your wife’s “permission” to buy a bike. I can’t even imagine it. I’ve been married 28 years, and way back before we got married, we agreed to keep separate bank accounts, with a joint account for joint expenses. We each put a certain amount into the joint account each month, and whatever we have in our separate accounts we can do with whatever the hell we want.

We’ve never had any fights about money. Other things, yes, but not money. If you ever get married again, make that agreement part of your deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m fortunate my wife doesn’t care what I buy as long as the bills are paid, we keep separate accounts and go by the you earned it it’s your money school of thought

·
Premium Member
2018 KLR650
326 Posts
Looking at selling my 2022 KLR with 200 miles on it as it appears my skill level is not up to the level required of a top heavy bike that seeks to be on it's side as much as possible, lol.
Give it time PNWeplorer, your skill level will build. Don't worry about what you should be able to do on it, and enjoy what you can do on it. Ride within your skill and confidence level, keep riding. Your skill and confidence will increase without you really realising it.

·
Premium Member
2018 KLR650
326 Posts
Just gauging the number of new members coming to the forum with new 22‘s I’d say Kawasaki will sell every one they have built. It will be interesting to see what changes, beside colour, they make for 2023.
I agree, there seems to be a lot of MY2022 owners coming to this forum.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Demand for the 2022 is indeed very high, but in my region, they are unattainable. The dealer I bought mine from 300 miles away said they have sold out their yearly allotment of 55 bikes. I got the last khaki pearl sand model in the area. I was just at my "local" dealer 50 miles away and he said they have 3 more coming, but no idea when.

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
147 Posts
I’ve seen a few more. Two sand between Sedalia and Castle Rock. (Friday or Saturday I think) One was with a KTM the other had a passenger. Another sand today also with a KTM. Can’t recall where. May have been near Idaho Springs. Getting old sucks. 🤣

41 - 49 of 49 Posts