Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah, I bought one for the barn. Lasted a year and now I can't get it repaired. All it does not is let me know when it's windy out. lol Unfortionatly the technology for small owner wind turbines is still fairly new and expensive. It's cheaper to buy a generator and run it off farts.

PS nice spam.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've been looking at it for years and affordable technology for the single family (or even two or three family co-op) is just not there. And forget about the angle of selling excess production to the "grid". Takes two lawyers and a shaman to work thru the paperwork and ongoing inspections.

I am pleased that the co-op thru which we buy our electricity is not only the least expensive provider around, but in a year or two we'll have about 75% wind power produced electricity. And a real person, 12 miles away, answers the phone -- in a Texas accent.

We've done a couple of good things with solar - the best being solar exhaust fans for the attics - these probably paid for themselves in two years. Also some spot lighting at walkways and barns/sheds. Rigged an old computer fan and small solar cell as an exhasut fan for the camper while its stored. Don't know if it helps, but it makes me feel good.

And I agree this is spam, but it's a subject I think most KLR owners might have an interest in, so we might leave it and see where it goes. Or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts