Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for information on the best wet/snow tires. I live in the midwest and i plan on riding through the winter as much as possible. Any suggestions on a good winter tire would be appreciated Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,890 Posts
Of course there are no actual snow tires for motorcycles but a good knobbie is probably your best bet; I've used my Dunlop D606 rear/Pirelli MT21 front combo offroad in snow with decent results. .....snow isn't bad, but unless you run studs (which won't last long) on icy pavement, there is nothing that will give you enough traction. After crashing my KTM300XCW several times hard on hidden ice under snow, I stopped riding in the winter.

Good luck.

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will certainly stay off the roads when the snow gets packed. Same with the ice. But the rest of the weather i will ride. Ive been looking at the Michelin Anakee wild for the rear, have not looked for the front yet. Still researching and asking questions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My years of dirt bike experience a young man tell me I have no buisness on the roads when the snow/ice fly. Especially with a bike the size of my klr. It was not uncommon to go down every few minutes. The best success I ever had with a snow tire was taking grooving/siping tool and working over a big wide knobby mud tire. Think of it like a blizzack tire. They have so many small cuts that the tire flexes and grips like crazy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I will certainly stay off the roads when the snow gets packed. Same with the ice. But the rest of the weather i will ride. Ive been looking at the Michelin Anakee wild for the rear, have not looked for the front yet. Still researching and asking questions.
I run the Anakee wild all year good tire, as stated above nothing works in ice.
The front Anakee wild has been out of stock all year, I run a TKC 80 in the front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts