Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I went out to start my 09 KLR the other day and it had barely a charge and wouldn't turnover. I jump it from my car. Rode it to a gas station, filled it up and wouldn't start again. Had to jump it and ride it back home. Now it seems like it has a charge, but still won't turn over. I'm wondering if all I need to do is get a battery charge to charge it while it sits?

I ride it everyday and really want to keep commuting till there is snow or ice on the ground.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
You had best remove that battery to see if its fluid levels are LOW before attempting charging, if it has removable caps.
Top up with distilled water if necessary.
Recharge it for 10-14 hours on a 1 amp charger if possible. Or 2 complete cycles, if using an automatic charger.
When you reinstall it, use a socket to further snug the terminal bolts after using screwdriver.

Reactions: a4twenty

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm wondering if all I need to do is get a battery charge to charge it while it sits?

I ride it everyday and really want to keep commuting till there is snow or ice on the ground.
these two statements kind of contradict each other...

how old is the battery?

my KLRs both "used" more battery water than any other owned bikes, I'd follow the above advice and depending on the age of the battery and if any damage was done you might be looking for a new battery. if so, go with an AGM or possibly lithium to leave the battery maintenance behind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts