Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing in order today was to clear some trails that had blowdowns on them. This trail had major problems

after a little time on the saw

felt like I was makin time till I got thru that to this

Finally a clear path

Got back to the house,suited up,and away I go only to find out
about three miles down the road I've got a bad rear bearing. so back to the house to find the culprit. But first I gotta clean this

to find this

Luckily,I keep a spare bearing set for the klrs
So I replace all three rear bearings,lube up the chain

and go for a test ride

I figured with new rear bearings might as well play in the water

I had just put the bike up and sat down when wfohillbilly stopped by on a loop he was riding.Made plans to ride monday if weather holds.At least I got good bearings

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice job clearing the path.

Are those TKC 80's rear? If so, How do they hold up in the thick mud?

Ricky

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice job clearing the path.

Are those TKC 80's rear? If so, How do they hold up in the thick mud?

Ricky
Yep.Well,tkcs kinda have a double standard.They do ok in the mud if they're new and only have about 10 psi in them.You have to have a little velocity goin to keep'em clean.They don't hook up as well as,lets say 606s.but,they do really well on dry pavement and dirt/gravel roads.I get around 3/3500 miles on them before they're toast.We ride mostly dirt roads here with some trails,so overall I'll probably stick with them

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful country out there. Do you carry a handsaw on your bike to help clear the paths?
Yes I do.I have a browning folding camp saw that has a bone saw also and comes in a tri fold case.I have used it to cut campfire wood and clear some small branches off of a larger tree to go under.A handy item when we ride in the remote areas.It's on the bike when we take longer rides

1 - 7 of 7 Posts