I want to be the Penguin.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Jocker for me:character00271:

·
Registered
704 Posts
As my wife said in a thoughtless moment last winter ---"you know, you don't look as good in a wetsuit as you used to". I just smiled and said nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I wouldn't wear it, but then again, all the Harley riders I was around this weekend looked at me funny because I was wearing Aerostich Darien Jacket and pants.. (plus a helmet, gloves and boots..)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I wouldn't wear it, but then again, all the Harley riders I was around this weekend looked at me funny because I was wearing Aerostich Darien Jacket and pants.. (plus a helmet, gloves and boots..)
Well, there ya go.........quit hanging out around the hardly riders, you may get infected and go over to the dark side. However, had you been wearing a dew rag, wraparound shades, gold earring, wifebeater hardly tee, fingerless gloves, vest, assless chaps and combat boots you would have fit right in, with the addition of a parrot on your shoulder to complete the poser pirate persona.

And no, I would not wear the batman costume.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Well, there ya go.........quit hanging out around the hardly riders,
:rolleyes:

Yeah, sure.. I always hang out at Harley bars.. I ride 3 miles, park and start drinking.. :11a:
Double A and I were out from Thursday to Sunday on the KLR's.. Ended up roaming South Western Wisconsin for a nice 800 mile ride. Camping and enjoying gravel connecting roads between the never ending twisty, hilly county roads of the area.. And had a blast. That, and hanging out with the bad asses of the hardly world..

Even found a couple new friends, even though they didn't like us.. One baby and one fully grown Porkupine.. They didn't want to give me a chance for a decent photo, though..

Naw, It's just that everytime we stopped for fuel this last weekend, there were a dozen at the gas station.. And the one time we stopped for a beer and burger at a old tavern in the middle of no where, 20 Harleys showed up about the same time as we got our food..

On the other hand, there's always one in the crowd that has to check the bikes out and ask questions about all the gear on the bikes, the bikes themselves, and where we are headed and have been... You could see in their eyes that they itched to do something more meaningful than wander from bar to bar..:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good point Darin. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Paper, that was a great report.
No!! It wasn't a report.. I hate ride reports.. I hate writing them and am bored with reading them.. No, that was just pointing out that we wear different stuff than Harley riders.. Yeah. That's the ticket..

Ride reports... Bah..:character00271:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Harley riders wear stuff? You mean they wear more then shades at night?
Yes, they wear leather vests, chaps, black t-shirts, and black boots.. Fingerless gloves are optional, but a tatoo and a harley belt buckle are not.

They DO NOT wear full face helmets, or any helmet for that matter.. Nor do they wear Cordura, Goretex, or any color other than black.

I've also noticed that around home, nobody rides anything but full dresser bikes.. The occasional Road King can be found, but Sportsters are taboo..

On the other hand, I don't fit into the GoldWing crowd when riding mine, either.. Same reasons, but different clothes.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts