Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 KLR 650
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@zombzuk Do you have the flood or spot version nilight?
So I ordered the exact same clear Cree 18watt LED lights from Amazon that ZOMBZUK posted in his photo. However, Amazon or Vendor sent me two pairs of a (9) LED Square light set. I installed them using a JNS Engineer bracket, I connected an inline HD mini-spade 10A fuse between both Positive light wires (between the two lights). Negative to Negative wire between lights, then used a common Positive to my dash rocker switch and finally a common ground to frame. No Relay...Voila!

·
Registered
2007 KLR 650
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That looks real good on your gen 1 @KLR_Kent . How much extra light does it put out?
Hi Jerry,

Well, as you can see in the photo, my regular KLR headlight looks yellow compared to this pair of Cree 18 watt LEDs. I'm happy with them so far. BTW, I've not ridden at night with them yet, so don't know what kind of beam or brilliance it throws out. The $28 I paid for the set of four beats paying $500 for a pair of Denali's!

·
Registered
2007 KLR 650
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Jerry,

Well, as you can see in the photo, my regular KLR headlight looks yellow compared to this pair of Cree 18 watt LEDs. I'm happy with them so far. BTW, I've not ridden at night with them yet, so don't know what kind of beam or brilliance it throws out. The $28 I paid for the set of four beats paying $500 for a pair of Denali's!
Found out these square 9 LED Cree lights from Amazon are actually 27 watt output compared to the smaller 6 LED ones (18 watts) I actually ordered. So far my stock Stator is handling the load okay.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Found out these square 9 LED Cree lights from Amazon are actually 27 watt output compared to the smaller 6 LED ones (18 watts) I actually ordered. So far my stock Stator is handling the load okay.
If you're worried about amps, switch the rest of the bulbs to LED's. The headlight is your main draw. I replaced all bulbs on my 09 and 14.5 with LED's except turns. Ran 18 watt Cree LED's (wired to on highbeam with relay). GPS, heated socks, heated gloves (or grips) and a heated jacket. Never had an issue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts