Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a complete, running KLR for NEBDR ride.

I am tall and 250lbs, looking for a bike with suspension upgrades and tall rider mods already done preferably.

Let me know what you have - appreciate the help.

Located in the Boston area, but will travel to pick up or pay to ship the right bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good morning have you had any luck. Im in Texas so its a stretch but I just looked at my bike in the shop and Im not riding it. 2007 model around 9000 miles and a few upgrades. We can visit more
if you are interested.

Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, np - not much luck yet...

Can you send some pics, list of mods and what you are looking to get for it?

Appreciate it....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry for the delay I was out of town. Let me see If I can remember everything.
Pro Taper bars and a riser I think.
Spring upgrade front forks.
Lex Pipe
Ft Pegs
Shift Lever
15 or 16 tooth sprocket which ever is popular
Air box mods done before I got it and carb jetting done by me.
Newer tires front never installed rear less than a 1k miles. [Possibly more things done]
I have the turn signal fitting set them closer and get rid of the rubber dont remember the name but they will be installed.
For the most part bike is very clean.1 dent in the tank which it had when I bought it. It will have the new tire installed and a new battery. I could and probably will change the oil and freshen up the fluids. I have a few gaskets that will go with it and I have some riding bags that are new and most likely through them in. I always enjoyed riding and I have a buddy near by that the ultimate plan was to get some seat time once we got moved in but sadly Im just not getting there. I spoke with a guy at a local bike shop and with his book price and mods Im putting $3500 on it. Its in the shop and a little dusty let me get through the weekend for a cleanup and Ill get you some pics. If you want to PM me Ill get you my number if you are interested.

Brad

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 16 with 2300mi and a 18 with 3200 mi both fully farkled with hard luggage, what’s your max budget? Or are you looking for an older higher mile unit for a better price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts