Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site :smile: I have been over at Glenn's.
This is much better.
Any WY Riders Around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Green River, WY.

[QUOTE=
Any WY Riders Around.

Yeah! I live in Green River. Where do you live?

'07 KLR 650

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will be moving to Rock Springs in August, I don't know when I will get my bike there. The first few months of work I am in training and don't have a place to stay and will be on the road a lot for about 6 months. After that though I will have my bike in WY with me.

Tanker

·
Registered
9 Posts
great riding terrain

Well that's my luck! I left Wyoming some time ago. Just when another KLR rider is getting close enough to go riding with. I'm down in Texas right now, but I may be coming back that way soon (I hope).
Nevertheless; you will have some great riding terrain, maybe the best you have ever seen so be sure to get you a GOOD csmera to put in your waist pack....you will need it.
Who are you going to work for up there????

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jim,
I will be working for Schlumberger as a wireline field engineer. I graduate in May this year as an Aero. Engineer, go figure to jump ship at the end of school. I'm from MT originally, but have been in AZ the last 5 years for school. Im looking forward to getting back north a ways and away from the crowds and such and just ride the hills.

Tanker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let me know if you here of any jobs for a "Certified Plant and Welding Inspector". I prefer working pipelines but I will do Compressor Stations, Meter Stations etc.
When are you supposed to start? Have you googled for housing? You might be able to get into something fair decent and cost efficient right now, a month from now the price gougers will be going at full tilt.

Hope to see you up there and ride together. Jim

P.S. I know quite a few beautiful places to ride up there
P.P.S. I'll send you some pictures by email.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CO & WY Riders

Would like to know of some good places to ride, preferably away from population and backcountry dirt roads. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will keep my eyes and ears open for those positions. I am supposed to start August 3. I have a 2 week safety and driving training session, so I should be in WY around August 20 I would assume. A buddy of mine was supposed to start mid February and his date was bumped to April 6 so who knows when I will actually start. Ive looked for housing some, I cant seem to find much yet. The company puts me up somewhere until I finish my training, 6-9 months, then I have a week to find a place and move. My brother lives in Cheyenne and Ive spent some time there exploring but I have yet to go to Rock Springs. I would love to see some pictures of the area and places to ride.

Tanker

([email protected] or [email protected])

·
Registered
9 Posts
WYO pictures

"Tanker & jrsinclar" send me an email and I'll send you some pictures I took off the seat of my KLR. And try to tell you where some of the beautiful off road trails are to be found in the Flaming Gorge area. I did most of my riding around Green River and after 6 months I still hadn't see it all. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
New owner here. I live in Green River
Welcome aboard Pro. Enjoy your KLR and the forum.

Looks like you are close to I-80 and not far from Moab UT. There is an annual dual sport event in Moab at the end of May.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not in Texas anymore......

I'm now working/living in Klamath Falls, OR

Will be buying another bike while I'm here, left my KLR650 at home, stewardess would let me put it in overhead baggage.
Looks to be some great riding to be done here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! I'm new to the forum, but I've had my Black 09 KLR 650 (aka the Dirt Ninja) for a couple of years as well as the big bike - an 06 Honda VTX 1800 S. I live in Rock Springs. When I'm not working, dealing with the honey-do list, or running the kids around I like to think I might be able to find time to ride...

G26

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Welcome aboard Ghost 26. Hope time scheduling works in your favor. Would like to see pic's of your rides.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hello All, First post but been a member since Aug. Live in Casper, WY, former flat tracker, motocrosser and drag racer. Bought a new 09 Black KLR last Aug. Great fun to ride, like dirt mostly. This site has a great bunch of people.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts