Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering purchasing a x-screen adjustable wind screen from twisted throttle to add to the stock windshield on my 2000 KLR 650. Has any one had any experience with one of these units (good or bad)? I was also wondering if anyone knows if the 2000 olive green KLR 650 originally came with a smoke or clear windshield on it. I bought th bike three years ago and it was smoke when I received it. When I called to order a OEM replacement they guessed th
at it was clear, but were not sure from the part description.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I do like the way the smoke screen looks, so I will have to look somewhere else to purchase it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Muzak
If you want to buy a tinted/smoke stock windshield you should check with Zero Gravity windshields. I believe that they offer a SR (stock replacement) windshield for the KLRs, both pre 2008 and post 2008 KLRs.
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was also wondering if anyone knows if the 2000 olive green KLR 650 originally came with a smoke or clear windshield on it. I bought th bike three years ago and it was smoke when I received it. When I called to order a OEM replacement they guessed th
at it was clear, but were not sure from the part description.
They guessed wrong. Your 2000 KLR came from the factory with a smoke tinted windshield. I have never seen a clear one from the factory for gen 1.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a brand new dark smoke windscreen from cee baileys for a gen 1 klr650. $125 shipped

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offer and the information. I have already purchased a spare windshield on Ebay. It has a couple of light scratches on it, but no cracks. Given I will be drilling holes in it to mount the twisted throttle x screen adjustable windshield, I think it is good enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts