Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will. Okay, this is not my motorcycle, but my older brother's: the first one I ever climbed and rode on. The shorts and sandals are mute testimony that it took me years to adopt the ATGATT philosophy.

Trivia question: What motorcycle is it?

Without a doubt the first and last time I was astride a motorcycle with two hot girls behind me. Fashionable eyewear must be the key to getting chicks.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
My Dad had a Bultaco. Bitchin' pics. I don't have any pics of my early riding days. :(

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure it's a Honda by looking at the gas tank. It looks like a small version of the "Dream." I don't really remember the thing except for these photos, so I'm not sure what it was.

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Dad had a Bultaco. Bitchin' pics. I don't have any pics of my early riding days. :(
Unfortunately, I don't have any of myself on my own early bikes. I found these plundering through some stuff in the basement the other day.

I doubt if too many folks my age do. Back in those days, cameras and film were expensive and with us, reserved for "special occasions" like graduations, the purchase of a new used car, etc.

Affordable digital cameras and phone cameras in this day and age are a great thing and allow people to snap away at anything and everything.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I honestly only read your post and looked at the pics. I think its a 69 Honda Dream. I don't know the cc. Did you ride it by yourself at that age?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ahha, I thought you knew and you were testing us. Now I have to go dig and see...

·
Registered
65 Posts
guess #2

Suzuki 250cc t20

pressed steel frame and swing arm points to Japanese construction
right foot brake eliminates Bultaco

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think there's any doubt it's the Honda CD175 with maybe a couple of small changes between model years. It looks a lot like the Dream, but I don't think it is.

I'm for sure it's a Honda, tho. I would have remembered the name "Bultaco." I'm really not testing anybody, though: besides Internet research, I really don't know for sure what it was.

·
Registered
65 Posts
not Honda

Honda has had very few 2 stroke road bikes
the small scooters (50cc) being the only exception
off road, Honda didn't start doing 2 stroke until the 125 Elsinore
bike in the picture does not have the head structure of a 4 stroke engine and the exhaust pipes are low on the cylinder as would be found on a 2 stroke
label on the tank makes me think Suzuki

my first motorcycle was a Honda ... 1968 Z50A
worked at the dealer cleaning everything ... bikes, floor, windows, bathroom etc.

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
speedy, I think you're right. Your notes about 2-stroke street bikes were a good clue.

It think it's this Suzuki. What the hell? Did everybody make a motorcycle like this at the same time? Compare this Suzuki (a k10, I believe also called the Sportsman) to the Honda.

Even the Honda and Suzuki gas tanks with the rubber on the side and that round emblem ahead of it look remarkably alike.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Back then all the Japanese stuff was like the Chinese stuff now - everyone cloning everyone. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts