Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
144 Posts
Going back to OP thread, my Gen3 is a very early example…serial is under 900 and no fuel pump issues. It might be helpful to note serial numbers of the affected bikes to narrow down the bad pump batches if it’s indeed the case.
On side note - this vin info is interesting to me. I thought I was an early buyer as I bought almost exactly a year ago in the beginning of October 2021. I am all the way in the 5000's - just curious when did you purchase to have 00900? I'm assuming different numbers go to different parts of the country too?

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
963 Posts
~1800 here. 6,500mi and no issues so far.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
On side note - this vin info is interesting to me. I thought I was an early buyer as I bought almost exactly a year ago in the beginning of October 2021. I am all the way in the 5000's - just curious when did you purchase to have 00900? I'm assuming different numbers go to different parts of the country too?
Double checked and my number is actually 00970. I’m in Texas and not sure how dealers are allocated units, but I bought in September 21 from a longtime Kawi-only dealer and they were among the first (if not the first) in town to score 3 examples when I bought, so maybe that might have something to do with it?!?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts