Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone that rides has one,that favorite -Stretch of road-that sticks in your memory.Most of us have several,if not hundreds.Kay and I,along with several other riding companions have covered
thousands of miles this summer,14,000 to be exact. Kaylr,Bigrigger,Klrbill2,cliffhanger from adv,Rob,and the list goes on.So here is a pic of my favorite stretch of road this year.It,to me,shows what adventure riding is all about.

So how about it.Lets see your -Stretch of road

Mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Shoot! I can't find the picture at the moment but give me time and I'll post it.

My favorite all time stretch is from Jerome, AZ to Prescott Valley, AZ. Awesome!! Twisty!! 2 lane!!! Sheer dropoffs!!! 50 mile vistas!!!

Of course the picture will show my bike in its aunatural state....pink and blue. From days gone by.

·
Registered
102 Posts
DITTOON ON JEROME!

I did that one last Saturday. Just an incredible ride, but in reverse. I did the PhX.. to Prescott, to Jerome. Up thru Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon to Flag. Across lake Mary road to Happy Jack, then south thru Payson home. Got late, dark and cold coming off the hill before I got home. 375 mile trip. Wish I had a Digital. Will have one real soon as our first new grand baby is due in less than 30 days.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
My favorite all time stretch is from Jerome, AZ to Prescott Valley, AZ. Awesome!! Twisty!! 2 lane!!! Sheer dropoffs!!! 50 mile vistas!!!
Is that 89, or 89A?
I went through there on my way back from the left coast back in June and am hooked on all the canyon roads in AZ.

We took 89A from Sedona to Phoenix last month in a cage, I think it was 60 I took on my way to the left coast and it was awesome too.

My favorite road close by is 63 from Harrogate Tn, to Sneedville Tn.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: DITTOON ON JEROME!

bill stanley said:
I did that one last Saturday. Just an incredible ride, but in reverse. I did the PhX.. to Prescott, to Jerome. Up thru Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon to Flag. Across lake Mary road to Happy Jack, then south thru Payson home. Got late, dark and cold coming off the hill before I got home. 375 mile trip. Wish I had a Digital. Will have one real soon as our first new grand baby is due in less than 30 days.

Bill
Now let me get this straight. Daddyjoe... Bill Stanley and yours truly all been there done that and loved it and NO STINKIN PICTURES!!!??? :m0052

This thread is worthless without pictures!

I can't believe this. Somebody out there help this thread with some pictures of THE road. Thank you.

Daddyjoe... its 89A.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Sometimes when you are out riding the things you see are for your eyes only. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't think I have a favorite, but I do have some areas that I really like. Here's one:

Jamie

·
Registered
477 Posts
I did a trip report on the other board right before it went down, but it was from a ride that follows a forrest service rd and then hooks into the Hiawatha trail. Here are a few pics of that 30+ mile stretch of road......

And if you see this Jamie, this is the route I will take you on when you come over here this summer.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
Wow BS,
That is TOO cool, where is that taken at?. Boy, you would hate to miss a corner on that road. :shock:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I don't know where that is, but my hunch is someplace like Turkey or the like.

Here's another cool road. This one is the famous Death Road in Bolivia.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would hate to meet a truck on that road. What am I saying, I would hate to meet anything on that road. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't even walk down that road.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
Another favorite spot, the North Casacde HWY, between Winthrop, Wa, and Sedro Wooley...

·
Registered
121 Posts
South of Creel. Copper Canyon, Mexico-

Or right near home, Cottonwood Pass, Colorado-

Or even closer to home, a secret road with the Sawatch range in the background :mrgreen: -

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, my favorite stretch of road is often the one I happen to be on at the time, but this is one that always makes me smile. It's the Blue Ridge Parkway, heading toward the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My favorite road locally is in two sections. The first is Bringer Rd. the second or what Bringer turns into is Neer Rd.
So easy to remember "Bringer-Neer"! :h0001 :h0006 :h0007 :h0005

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great subject Mike!
Wow!
You guys are a hard act to follow, so someday I'll prolly be headin to some of your areas.
This is one of our favorites in S.E. Oklahoma in the Kiamiche Mountains on one of the Clayton Rides.
Cheers and see Ya out there somewhere,
Rod :cool:

Course I have to include this one, cuz it's my driveway! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts