Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my girls, all posed up pretty

Betty is laying down. She is a smart, well behaved 8 year old. She doesn't like lightning at all and hides during storms.

Madeline, aka Maddog, aka Goober, is a nutcase 6 year old. She goes from lover mode to maniac in an instant. She will play fetch until she blows a gasket.

Boston Terriers are fun dogs. They do get gassy. They also snore LOUD. We have to keep chew toys available for them because chewing is their favorite hobby.

·
Registered
650 Posts
These Goats ar'nt mine. They belong to the Landlord.
Got to look after them just the same.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Toby...the dog who can't hold his licker!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not sure if its that my cat is a wimp or if we just have really tough squirrels around here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's the zoo of fur bags. All were abandoned and/or abused, and we took them off the streets. Now they live at Club Med for animals.

Our Labrador "Freebie". Someone abandoned him by my office, and hey, free dog. His mom was dressing him up for Christmas card photos to embarrass him. Yeah, we're animal dorks.

My girl "Fozzie". We think yellow lab, shepherd, chow, and shiba inu. She was found alone wandering down a sidewalk at only 7 weeks old and brought to th SPCA shelter. She thinks my wife is competition for my affection, and at least she doesn't go shopping.

"Shorty" -- my wife's Secret Service bodyguard that never leaves her side. He was starving and abused (boy would like 5 minutes with that person) and left at a interstate gas station in the middle of noplace. My wife saved him, and without question he knows it. I don't matter unless I'm at the grill; otherwise, it's all about momma. This summer he survived being bitten by a rattle snake (he died 4 times but revived with antivenin), but my credit card it still trying to survive the emergency vet charges.

My original fur bag "Boo" taken out of a dumpster in Tampa. Now 15 and cranky.

Our mentally retarded cat "Wheezer" (upper respiratory infection as a kitten almost killed him, but instead just damaged his brain) taken from a stray litter. Dumb as a stump, but a good snuggler and lizard hunter. Sleeps with his eyes open.

[/img]

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was wondering when you would find this thread Carl. Looks like quite a zoo you got going.

My wife and I have weiner dog named Maggie. My wife is a Rod Stewart fan and thats how she got her name. She's our kid and knows it. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
It took me a little while to get this going -- first time I messed with Photo Bucket to upload the pictures as I'm a computer forum newbie. The artist Pablo Picasso had a Dachshund named "Lump". Considering these dogs we bred to go down holes hunting badgers, I find that Shorty spends a lot of time burried under blankets. You walk into a room, and then a lump rises underneath a sheet or blanket and barks at you. Now Shorty is also nicknamed Lump.

I saw this vehicle and just had to race home to get Shorty for the photo op: weiner dog in front of the weiner mobile.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's my best buddy. Most of the time I call him Bubba. He looks frou-frou but under that frilly coat he thinks he's a German Shepherd. He's the most energetic dog I've ever had and he's all about playing, especially if the game has a fetch involved in it. He'll chase and bring back tennis balls 'till he collapses.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yay, a "pet" thread! What a bunch of great photos, all!

This is my dog brother Comet. He's a rough coat Jack Russell. We've been together for about 10yrs. He's pretty mellow for a JR but loves to play and is always up for a big adventure. He loves playing fetch.

He loves to swim. Here he is in Seward showing the big dogs how it's done.

He goes nuts over a hockey puck. We go over to a local pond at least a couple times a week during the winter and play keep-away.

And for the parting shot here he is in front of me snowboarding down one of the foothills behind Anchorage. It's my favorite way to "walk the dog." It's also the ONLY time he gets yappie! When I toss my board to the ground at the top of the hill and start to step into the bindings he starts barking. I guess he knows he's about to run for all he's worth! Too much fun! MH

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here is our dog Lucky. Like GreenGene's dog he too thinks he is a German Shepard. BTW I also call him Bubba...lol

Doug

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here's a couple shots of my wife and I's wienerdog Maggie. She's hot on the trail of a mole that's been tearing up my yard. :wink: It's to bad she didn't get him though.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Normally she is a fluffy blonde pom, untill....

·
Registered
595 Posts
My Dawg!

Alright, alright.... I'll show a pic of My Dawg! Her name is Kakawa. (Souix for Baked Goods or Sweets)

I can't take that dog anywhere without people stopping in their tracks and either moving aside or asking what it is. I just say Wolfdog because that's what everyone expects me to say anyway. She's really been bread to "LOOK" that way and has zero wolf in her. She's mostly German Shepard, Husky Mix. Native American Dog is what her little certificate says. The breed was invented to replicate the original working dog that the Native Americans used prior to the horse being introduced by the Spanards. But I think the reality is that there's no way of really breeding that dog, as all tribes used different base breeds. This new breed is based on a fantasy or desire to capture what they looked like from old paintings of Native American life in the early days.

I don't like dogs that smell or bark. Which pretty much narrows down my choice of dog. She does not have that typical "Dog Smell" and I'm not allergic to her fur or dander. She only barks when there's really something to bark about and it's Deeeeep! But she does howl, which I kind of like and I think it's cute to watch her. She doesn't howl much anymore, but when we first got her, she was on the phone all the time!

I flew to Michigan to pick her up and rented a car and drove all the way back to Kalifornia with her. We stopped along some places and saw some sights on the way back.

Here we are in the shadow of the St. Louis Arch. She's a little dirty from rolling around in the dirt in Michigan. Her tail sticks up in the air now and she's happy and very playful. Great family dog. Freaks out when she can't see our son in the yard.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Cute pets everyone....if I told you what mine did the night before last, I doubt you'd believe me. :?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts