Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sotomayor is against your 2nd amendment rights.

Note: Nothing political was said and the lower case s is intended.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I don't see how that's 'nothing political'. Could you explain, please?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just an observation. You know it says "join the" twice preceding NRA. Not sure if it's a rumor or not but I heard right now you can join for free.
Good nite guys,
Rick

·
Registered
704 Posts
Shouldn't make any difference what the cost of NRA membership is. If you're a shooter, hunter, collector or just someone who values ALL your constitutional rights, the NRA is defending your rights. You can make contributions directly to the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action) which is where the $$ do the most good.

When one constitutional right is voided the rest can easily follow.

www.nra.org

Just think -- because of governments contorsional thinking (I think I invented a word there), you can't buy a kids bike anymore. Maybe next will be your KLR because your child might stand too close and be affected by the fumes!!!!!

I guess this is political, but it's so important today I just have to post.

Dave

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree 100%......My Dad was and my son and I are both members which also might get us a place on the coveted terror watch list I've heard.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Unfortunately,,, I have to agree about the watch list. Not too long ago a driver was stopped, hassled and vehicle searched because he had a NRA sticker on his truck. In Texas, of all places, a Dallas suburb (Duncanville, I think). He finally got an apology from the city and the officer got a "talking to".

Man, the world has gone crazy -- and we ain't seen nothing yet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
"or just someone who values ALL your constitutional rights, the NRA is defending your rights."

BINGO, right on the money Big!!

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see how that's 'nothing political'. Could you explain, please?

Those that serve on the court are appointed. Once they have their job they have it until they retire or until they are dead. They do not run for office.

I was pointing out a fact. The fact is that sotomayor is firmly against your right to defend yourself. If her appointment goes through we will have 30 years of her being against your right to own a firearm.

Nothing I said was political. I merely stated facts.

btw She is against other things as well. She is against you Lockjaw.

A BIT OF TRUE HISTORY
Last year the high court decided the "D.C. vs Heller" case.
By one vote..................I say again BY ONE VOTE,
every person in the USA came within a wisker of saying goodby to their right to own a firearm.

What is next...........(as Big Iron said)......your freedom of speech?

That "One Vote" should scare the crap out of you.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
There are a lot of things that scare the crap out of me. Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to go ride my motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Hence the title "The Off Topic Lounge"
It's a touchy subject, but personally as long as it remains civil and all who are pro-gun ownership are legal gun owners, I don't have a problem..

I often discuss motorcycling on my favorite gun forum..:)

And yes, I'm a Utah CCW permit holder and a Federal Firearms License holder.. Both of which require a full FBI background check. My FFL is an 03 (curio and relic) license for collectors, and 4 months ago I had a BATFE agent as a guest in my home to inspect my collection and paperwork.

Anyway, keep it civil and legal, and we can have a nice discussion from all sides of the topic.. But I'll warn everybody of the absolute truth.. Nothing said in this topic will turn anti-gun people into gun lovers, and gun lovers will not sell their weapons.. It's a fact that no amount of argument will change, so again, keep it civil.:23a:

And yes, I'm a NRA member. I don't agree with everything the NRA stands for, but I believe in the choice for law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Guns are definitely a touchy subject for some. I am really on the fence. The old saying is not to carry a gun unless you are ready to use it. Well, it's easy to say "I'd use it if my life was in danger", but then I realize prison azz raping and being locked in a 5x9 cell for however many years would be a far worse then death. Even if our gun rights are salvaged from the current battle, seems we still don't have the actual right to use them without getting severely punished. How many home owners have gotten prison sentences after shooting a thief? And how many people are rotting in jail for shooting muggers? It's a gamble and a tough decision.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Mostly, it depends on having a good lawyer..

Each state has it's own laws regarding shooting someone in your home. Some, you can protect no matter what, and in others you can't pull the trigger unless your or someone else in your home is in danger. This includes my state. Shoot someone stealing your DVD player, and you're going to jail.. You MUST warn that you're armed and tell the person to leave, NOW!! Best thing you can do is be yelling these things while a 911 operator is on your cell phone.

During my CCW course we were informed that just pulling a weapon in order to protect yourself will run you $10,000 in legal fees.. Pull the trigger, and figure on $100,000 in legal fees.. Even if there's no question on why you did it..

Reason is, there's a lawyer behind ever tree, and even if some dickhead came into your house to beat you senseless, and you shoot him, his family will sue you..

There's a lot to think about and discuss with knowing people before legally carrying a concealed weapon..

And personally, if you're illegally carrying, you're just dancing with the devil..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Here's the part I don't get. And maybe there is a reason. But what could you accomplish with a gun that you couldn't with pepper spray? I'm not trying to take anyone's guns...I'm not going to get into that because it's not an issue that interests me all that much. I'm seriously curious. If an armed robber came into the house, what would a gun accomplish that pepper spray couldn't self protection wise?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah, at least with a spray you can maybe get them disoriented enough to get in there with a ball bat and beat the piss out of them (body shots only.. no blood). Then, take them to the nearest overpass and drop em off the side.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
But what could you accomplish with a gun that you couldn't with pepper spray?
Pepper spray has almost no affect on someone under the influence of drugs, and most those are bold enough to come into a house when people are in it, are under the influence.. Those that aren't under the influence are typically armed..

A gun, with shots to the torso, will stop the threat.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I just looked it up. You're right. That's amazing because pepper spray is nasty stuff. Probably have to be on some nasty drugs to counteract it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts