Never Again - Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum
Travel Log & Trip Reports For all your trip reports and the where to go along the way topics.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 182
Never Again

Bored, thought I would throw these up.


if you see this sign, please turn around and go the other way.


hard but at least not on a cliff. note bike in top corner...picture was taken from where i was able to turn the bike around. erin and i rode and pushed the bike through here, took near 1.5hrs.


close up of tricky part, almost bit the big one coming down this out of control. i think going up was easier.

above this it smoothed out big time but was slippery, steep, cliffside, and off-camber. hope to never make this mistake again. of course, there is much much more to the story, too long to even tell....in the end i got the bike out the FOLLOWING day with the help of 5 friends.

HERE TO RIDE

Last edited by ridgerunner; 03-28-2010 at 01:40 PM.
ridgerunner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-28-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 182
the day before was better


nice fire road. mike and sashi


lots of down trees to cross and go around. mike


opened up


sashi


top of a long hill


fun hill


lots of trails

HERE TO RIDE
ridgerunner is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Threadjacker
 
Lockjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Benicia, CA
Posts: 6,751
Sweet looking bike. You must be tired.




"In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV." R. Pirsig

PPMC #1.
Soon, we ride.

AKA JD Mader or you can call me "Dan" just not early for dinner.

Click my handle for a link to my homepage/blog...which has nothing to do with MCs. Free literature and music! Viva La Revolucion!
-------------------
2008 KLR 650
RIP DM - Soon, we ride.
Lockjaw is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 37
dang all those rocks remind me of of the earth here in new england, where you riding?
DubCut is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear
 
johnk8080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Forney, tx
Posts: 194
Same here, I got nothing like that in north Texas. I would have to go 300-500 southwest to Big Bend country to get into some good hills

2009 KLR 650
johnk8080 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 04-14-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 182
Northern CA

HERE TO RIDE
ridgerunner is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear
 
Hardyreels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 507
The really bad places I have gotten into up here were the kind that you don't even think about having a camera along on. Hills, yeah there's that but it is the peat bogs that will do you in. That and every trail has water somewhere on it and I don't mean puddles I'm talking bike drowner's. Other than that it's fun, that is why I say that I do 85% of my riding on hardtop, the other 15% is way too hard to do very often.

Spinning / flashing LED tail light;Dished seat;Nerf Bars;Panniers and rack;Aluminum skid pan;Master cylinder guard;tall shield;Heated gel grips;Acerbis Rally Pro guards with spoilers;Superbike low front fender;Doo upgrade;16T counter sprocket; K&N filter and box mod;GPS mount;Dash with voltage meter & clock;1" raising links;T bypass mod;anti vibe bars;anti vibe mirror mounts;Euro light switch; Aluminum choke leaver;new dry cell Super battery;Mefo Expolere's;New bearings and races
Hardyreels is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki KLR 650 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome